Saturday, June 27, 2015

Weekend Warriors: 3-2-1 Teacher Bio

Happy Saturday everyone! I am linking up with the Weekend Warriors for their 3-2-1 Teacher Bio.



1)  I can not believe this year will be my 21st year teaching! I have taught 2 years of 6th grade, 3 years of 4th, 1 year of 1st, and I will begin my 15th year in second grade. Time sure does fly by so fast! 

2) Yes, I do wear high heels to work everyday! I am only 5 foot 3 so I love that I can be a little taller with a little help from my friends. I work at a small school so I am known for my shoes!! To be quite honest I wore flats one time and couldn't see over my cart in Costco. I will wear flip flops during the summer though!

3) I am always learning. I try to keep current on what is going on in the teaching profession. I am willing to try whatever. I still get nervous every school year for the first day of school. I truly feel that the day I stop learning, being nervous, or feel that I have mastered everything is the day I am done being a teacher. 
 1) Yes, I love shoes. My husband thinks I have too many, but seriously...can you ever really have enough? I am waiting for a pair of wedges to arrive this week!

2) I am a very loud person. It drives my hubby crazy. He always says "Can't you whisper?". I am pretty outgoing and will talk to almost anyone too. Sometimes this can be perceived as being super confident, but really I am actually super sensitive. I take things to heart and when I care about people I am very loyal.
I really do not think this needs explaining! : )  I just hope that this one comes true very soon!

Happy weekend! Come join the linky so we can get to know each other!








15 comments:

  1. I do NOT know how you wear 3+ inches everyday. I used to enjoy a heel but never for longer than like 3 hours. Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up with us, Christa! I love that you wear your heels with pride each day! I admire the fact that you can walk in them. I'm a major clutzo, so anyone who can pull that off is kind of shoe super hero in my opinion. Haha! You are so right, the day we think we know it all is probably the day we should say that we are done with it. Things are constantly changing and we are constantly learning. I enjoyed learning more about you!

    Aimee
    Primarily Speaking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure you are not a klutz! Trust me I have had my moments! Thanks for the linky! It was so much fun learning about everyone!! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  3. I can't even wear heels for 2 seconds let alone to work. That takes skill! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking out my blog! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  4. I love shoes! And I love heels! But there is NO way I could wear them to school all day, every day. That's impressive! I am also very loud. The only one louder than me in our house is my 5-year-old. :) So fun to learn more about you!
    Andrea
    Always Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure it would be a lot harder in kinder to wear heels. Second graders are always checking out my shoes! :) Thanks of the linky! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  5. I've given away almost all of my heels. I've just learned that there are some things in life that weren't meant for me, bangs and heels are two of them. lol. I'm definitely in awe of those that can handle either of those things. :) I'm also the sensitive and outgoing person. I didn't know it wasn't just me. Thanks for sharing!

    Krisanna
    Simply Secondary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure my day is coming soon, so that's why I just enjoy the heels now. Glad to know I am not the only sensitive one as well! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  6. I'm impressed that you wear heels everyday! I love shoes too! Thanks for linking up with us! :)

    Sarah
    A Sunny Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a fun linky! I loved learning about everyone! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  7. Christa! It is so fun getting to know you! After 14 years of teaching first grade, I have a little trick that insures I will not get ugly feet....I wear the fabulous wedge heels TO and FROM school but in the classroom, I do comfy slip ons! LOL!!!! And choosing Italy as your bucket list item is totally DOABLE! My husband and I went their for 2 weeks on our honeymoon last June and it was MIND BLOWINGLY FABULOUS! Stayed in Venice, Florence, Rome, and Capri Island. We want to retire there someday! Thanks for linking up with the Weekend Warriors! We hope to have you back next month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Anniversary! I sometimes have to bring a back up pair of flip flops at the beginning of the year! I would love to visit all of those places in Italy. Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  8. I would fall if I work anything above 1 inch - and no doubt that's what my students would remember about me - the teacher who fell! Haha I hope you get to Italy - it's so amazing!!

    Slainte,
    ☘ Molly
    Lucky to Be in First

    ReplyDelete
  9. Girl, I can't imagine wearing heels to work! I am a big baby when my feet hurt! Also, I love what you said about "The day I stop learning, I am done." One of my old softball coaches used to say "When it stops being fun, you better run."

    ReplyDelete

Follow on Bloglovin