Friday, June 19, 2015

TEACHERS LOVE SUMMER LINKY!!

 I'm not going to lie...I was counting down the days till summer break once we hit May. It is hard to believe that I have already been on summer break for 3 weeks! I am linking up with Aimee over at Primarily Speaking for her 


There's a ton of reasons to love summer, but here are my top 5!!


Sleeping in. I get up every day during the school year between 5:15 and 5:30 am. Most nights I do not go to bed before 11:00 pm. By the weekends I am exhausted and we all know how quick the weekends go by. And then summer arrives!!! I have been sleeping in until about 7:00 and it feels so good!! I think I may have had one or two days so far where I have slept til 8 or later.


Coffee, Today Show, and Kelly and Michael. There is no other way to start my day than with a cup of coffee while watching the Today Show and Kelly and Michael. So relaxing!!!




Workout classes. During the school year I am unable to hit any of the great workout classes at our gym. I only get to join in on Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter break. I have my own Body Pump, Insanity, free weights, and treadmill at home, but it is not the same. The gym is super close to my house, but at the end of the day I just am exhausted and end up working out at home. Now that it is summer I have hit a class every morning sometimes two. I have been walking every night with a girlfriend too! I feel great! The night time walk is more for us to chit chat and be away from the house so I am not nibbling on things I shouldn't be!!



Poolside with cocktails. Need I say more???






Catching up. Yes, catching up. It varies day to day in what I need to catch up on. Got the lock fixed on the front door, the windows are getting cleaned today. The math manipulative tubs go labeled yesterday. Last week I made a year long scope and sequence plan. This week I have been catching up on my neglected blog. So much to do! Will I every really catch up??


I could name a whole bunch more reasons why I love summer, but these are my favorites!! Link up with Primarily Speaking to join in on the fun!!






1 comment:

  1. Hi Christa! You have so many wonderful reasons for loving summer! I'm so with you on the sleeping in and the relaxing cup of coffee in the morning. Your mug is too cute, by the way! Your summer workouts sound great-two a days! ;) Catching up on stuff is a great feeling. I hope you continue to enjoy your summer! Thank you so much for linking up!

    Aimee
    Primarily Speaking

    ReplyDelete

Follow on Bloglovin