Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Winner Winner Turkey Dinner and Successful "Not" Surgery!!


Congrats to Cherie, Emily, Lori, Alicia, Jessica, and Teaching with Smiles. They all will be getting both copies of my addition with regrouping units!! Check your emails later today!!

So my students walked into the classroom this morning to this:

They were super excited! I told them that they would be performing contraction surgery on our first patient...Mr. Not. You should have see the looks I received...Is Mrs. Swaney crazy? Does she realize we are second graders and not doctors. I laughed and explained that we would be learning about contractions and focusing in on the not contractions for the morning.

Here we are ready to go!!!



Each student received a contraction booklet and a set of bones (contraction words).

This year I got smart and printed out bandaids instead of purchasing them. Believe it or not they can be quite expensive!!



Here are all the surgeons hard at work!!



We even had soft music on in our operating room :)

When they were finished they each received their certificate!!




We had so much fun!! On Friday we will work on the "is" and "will" contractions. I am working on finishing up a contraction surgery unit. I should have it up by the end of this weekend.

Here is a little sneak peak of just a few things that are in it!! 


I am off to run on the treadmill!!! Maui is only 6 days away!!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin