Thursday, January 23, 2014

Third Round of Flu, 100 Day, and Want Some Rain!!!!!

Tomorrow is our 100 Day!! Woohoo! My first graders are super excited!! Their teacher however is battling the third round of the flu!! My head hurts, I can't breathe, my body feels like a truck ran over it, and the NyQuil isn't working!!!! I need to sleep and it just isn't happening! So tonight I am switching over to the liquid form of NyQuil instead of my gel caps!! Yes, I may be crazy, but I need to make it through tomorrow!

My first grade team has many fun activities planned for tomorrow. Our kids have been bringing in their 100 Day capes all week. The ones I have seen so far are pretty creative!This great idea is from Krissy Miner at Mrs. Miner's Monkey Business.

We also took our kids pictures and used the photo aging app on them.

The students will have a recording sheet and will guess who each "old geezer" is!!! One of my boys has been sick all week so I will get his picture in the morning.

So for those of you who don't know I am from California. And if you haven't heard already...California is experiencing Summer in January. Today it was 71 degrees and this weekend it is supposed to be 73-75 degrees. I am so jealous when I stalk my blogs every morning and hear about snow days or rain. I so want it to rain!!! I love me some sunny weather, but it is January and I need me some rain because I want to curl up on the couch and be lazy without feeling guilty!!!

Here is a quick freebie I made to work on subtraction while getting the boys attention!!




My kids will read the word problem and then build it on the tens frame. The square in the book is for them to write their answer in. The rectangle at the bottom of the page is for them to write the number sentence that goes along with the problem. 

Happy Friday tomorrow! I am off to have my date with my NyQuil!!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you feel better!! The flu hit our house, but we loaded up on Tamiflu and it seemed to stop it in its tracks!!!

    ReplyDelete

Follow on Bloglovin